Sunday, May 17, 2020

Never hurry

Diary entry by my father made on 6.6.2002
23
Never hurry and hasten in anything
Remember in the impetuosity of my youth
talking to a man advanced in years who
was planting oak trees. I said to
him very gently that the planting of oak
trees by a man advanced in years seems
to be rather imaginative.
The old man seized the point at once
and said to me "you feel that I shall 
never enjoy the shade? I have the
imagination and I know what that
shade will be. I have laid my trees
in certain lines. I know that I cannot
expect more than to see them beyond
a shrub
but with me rests the conception of 
the shade and the glory






Jaswant Singh Matharu

This blog is dedicated to the memory of my dear father Jaswant Singh Matharu.

In his twilight years he maintained diaries which are a glimpse into his sensitive soul.

I share the pages of one of his diaries here.

No comments:

Post a Comment