Thursday, May 14, 2020

Life is a mystery


Diary entry by my father made on 3.6.2002

17
Grow old with me
The best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made
Our times are in His hands
Who saith "A whole I planned youth shows but half"
Trust God: see all, nor be afraid

18
Life is a mystery, everyone must stand alone
I hear you call my name
And it feels like home
O Lady! we receive but what we give
And in our life alone does nature live

19
A flower lifts its face to the sun
And opens up to warmth
It drinks in the flow of the rain
And grows as it stretches forth
The flower never looks behind
To the shadow it will cast
So we should always look ahead
And not dwell in the the time that past





Jaswant Singh Matharu

This blog is dedicated to the memory of my dear father Jaswant Singh Matharu.

In his twilight years he maintained diaries which are a glimpse into his sensitive soul.

I share the pages of one of his diaries here.



No comments:

Post a Comment