Monday, May 20, 2019

On giving and festivities

Diary entry by my father made on 2.6.2002
16
I hear leaves drinking rain
I hear rich leaves on top
Giving the poor beneath
Drop after drop
't is a sweet noise to hear
The green leaves drinking near
And when the rain shall stop
A wonderful light will fill
Each mark, round drop
I hope the sun shines bright
It will be lovely sight
17
Let's get going
Start the festivities
Never mind what they say
Drink wine
With your loved ones
Never mind what they say
What do I care
If people approve or disapprove
God bless my friends
And my loved ones
Never mind what they say



Jaswant Singh Matharu

This blog is dedicated to the memory of my dear father Jaswant Singh Matharu.

In his twilight years he maintained diaries which are a glimpse into his sensitive soul.

I share the pages of one of his diaries here.

No comments:

Post a Comment