Friday, May 10, 2019

Preface to diary The Chessboard of My Days

1.6.2002 Preface of diary by my father
Carl Gustav Jung believed that when people reach the middle of their lives they enter a new introverted stage of growth and silent questions approach.

"Have I been strong enough to seize opportunities" and then "what is the meaning of life".

At this stage problems tend to arise when people try to avoid pondering these questions or cling to earlier habits.

In the later period of life concerns usually center upon health, mental, physical and spiritual needs. Jung also insisted that man possesses a "natural religious function" and if unfulfilled it can cause a crippling sense of meaninglessness.




Jaswant Singh Matharu

This blog is dedicated to the memory of my dear father Jaswant Singh Matharu.

In his twilight years he maintained diaries which are a glimpse into his sensitive soul.

I share the pages of one of his diaries here.

No comments:

Post a Comment