Friday, May 10, 2019

About yearnings, loveliness and treasures

My father's diary entry dated 1.6.2002
1

Incense yearns to disappear in scent
Scent to cling to incense
Melody seeks to fetter herself in rhythm
While rhythm flows back to melody
What drama is this between creation and destruction
Bondage is striving after freedom
And freedom seeking rest in bondage

2

Spend all you have for loveliness
Buy it and never count the cost
And for a breath of ecstasy
Give all you have been or could be

3

Into my heart's treasury
I slipped a coin
That time cannot take
Nor a thief purloin
Oh better than the minting
Of a gold crowned king
Is the safe kept memory
Of a lovely thing 



Jaswant Singh Matharu

This blog is dedicated to the memory of my dear father Jaswant Singh Matharu.

In his twilight years he maintained diaries which are a glimpse into his sensitive soul.

I share the pages of one of his diaries here.

1 comment: