Monday, May 13, 2019

About beauty, hearth and light

Diary entry made on 1.6.2002 by my father
6
Your face is beautiful beyond all other faces
Beyond all music and poetry
Your face is beautiful to me
Your face is beautiful beyond other faces
More to me now than dear remembered places
More to me than anything I know

7
How can our minds and bodies be
Grateful enough that we have spent
Here in this generous house
This evening of content?
Each one of us has walked through storm
And fled the wolves along the road
But here the hearth is wide and warm
And for this shelter and this light
Accept, O Lord, our thanks tonight

8
The sun at pride of noon 
With all his light to give
World, I have loved you well
I am glad to live




Jaswant Singh Matharu

This blog is dedicated to the memory of my dear father Jaswant Singh Matharu.

In his twilight years he maintained diaries which are a glimpse into his sensitive soul.

I share the pages of one of his diaries here.

No comments:

Post a Comment