Tuesday, May 14, 2019

How to live life

Diary entry by my father date 1.6.2002
9
And now I have lived: I know not how long
But still I can join in a cup and a song
And whilst with both hands 
I can hold the glass steady
Here's to thee, my hero, my laddie

10
Some will tell you
It doesn't matter
That is a lie
Everything, every single thing matters
And
Nothing good happens fast

11
That I loved with all my strength
To my soul's full depth and length
Careless if my heart may break
That I sang as children sing
Fitting tune to everything
Loving life for it's own sake

12
When I am all alone
Then my thoughts flutter around me
In glimmering host
Some dressed in silver 




Jaswant Singh Matharu

This blog is dedicated to the memory of my dear father Jaswant Singh Matharu.

In his twilight years he maintained diaries which are a glimpse into his sensitive soul.

I share the pages of one of his diaries here.

No comments:

Post a Comment