Sunday, May 17, 2020

On what is most dear

Diary entry by my father made on 6.6.2002
25
Nothing is to a man so dear
A woman's love in good measure
A good woman is man's blessing
Their love right and steadfast
There is no solace under heaven
Of all that man may name
That should a man do so much gladness
as a good woman that loveth true
No dearer is none in God's hand
Than a chaste woman with lovely word

26
You're the most you're the greatest
Love me when the night is latest
You love me I love you 
Love in the morning dew
During the day during the night
In my book you're all right

27
More than I hoped to do, I do
And more than I deserve I got
What little I attend, I know
And it argues order more than not
The only correction is
By you, of you; by me, of me 



Jaswant Singh Matharu

This blog is dedicated to the memory of my dear father Jaswant Singh Matharu.

In his twilight years he maintained diaries which are a glimpse into his sensitive soul.

I share the pages of one of his diaries here.

No comments:

Post a Comment